You are a baby boomer if you were born between 1946 and 1964. Baby boomers grew up listening to some of the best music ever produced. Let’s take a quick walk down memory lane…
Top Ten Songs of the 1960’s
1. (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction – Rolling Stones
2. Respect - Aretha Franklin
3. Like a Rolling Stone – Bob Dylan
4. I Heard It through the Grapevine – Marvin Gaye
5. Hey Jude – Beatles
6. Good Vibrations – Beach Boys
7. Light My Fire – Doors
8. You’ve Lost that Lovin’ Feelin’ - Righteous Brothers
9. Louie Louie – Kingsmen
10. My Girl - Temptations
11. She Loves You – Beatles
Top Ten Songs of the 1970’s
1. Stairway to Heaven – Led Zeppelin
2. Imagine – John Lennon
3. Hotel California – The Eagles
4. What’s Going On – Marvin Gaye
5. Born to Run - Bruce Springsteen
6. Layla – Derek and the Dominos
7. Superstition - Stevie Wonder
8. Bohemian Rhapsody – Queen
9. Bridge Over Troubled Water - Simon and Garfunkel
10. Let’s Stay Together – Al Green
Top Ten Songs of the 1980’s
1. Billie Jean – Michael Jackson
2. Every Breath You Take - Police
3. When Doves Cry – Prince
4. The Message - Grandmaster Flash & The Furious 5
5. Sexual Healing - Marvin Gaye
6. Like a Virgin - Madonna
7. Walk This Way - Run-D.M.C.
8. Sweet Child O’ Mine - Guns N’ Roses
9. Don’t You Want Me? - Human League
10. Born in the U.S.A. - Bruce Springsteen
More Boomer Music for YOU!
Want more boomer nostalgia? Check out the Boomer Music member benefit at BabyBoomerGold.com! With a BBG membership you can have “oldies” from R&B, pop and rock music genres. Country, jazz, classical music are not generally considered “oldies”, however, Boomer Radio plays all the classics without fail!
Choose from The Acoustic Café, Sweet Soul Music, Classic Mix, Vintage Rock, Smooth Jazz Favorites, the Lush Life, Cruisin’ Oldies, All Hit Oldies, Sizzlin’ Seventies or Electric Eighties! The BBG staff recommends the Cruisin Oldies, Vintage Rock or Acoustic Rock selection of classic Boomer music – it’s what we listen to!
Now for the present…
Baby boomers are known for their diversity and demand for high quality. We love music that evokes strong emotions and breaks the bounds of the expected. And we LOVE to share our music with our friends!
What music are you listening to now? What were the last 10 songs you uploaded to your iPod / MP3 player?
Latest posts by BabyBoomerGold.com Contributing Staff (see all)
- 3 Retirement Destinations You Have Probably Never Considered - August 5, 2014
- The Simple Life: Downsizing and Minimizing After Retirement - July 15, 2014
- Poll – Do You Think Our Government Is Corrupt? - July 10, 2014